Google+ Badge

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The best thing about Tuesdays!

What a great day of the week! I spend my morning and early part of the afternoon with my lovely friend Jenny. Elena and her daughter Scarlett enjoy a nice long play date and I get to also enjoy time with their beautiful baby girl Eden. Oh how I live for the fun if Tuesdays each week!

This week we also started spending time in Gods Word. Our plan is to share what God is teaching us throughout the previous week.

Today Jenny shared this with me. It's from 2 Corinthians 3:4-6.

"Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

This verse challenged me a lot today.

I tend to be pretty down on myself. I have often struggled with feelings of failure. Right now I realize that my sufficiency MUST come from God. My being down on myself takes focus away from that truth and indulges my insecurity. That has to stop. Being in the word daily is helping that a lot!!

So yeah, it was a really great day!

Hope u r blessed!

*Maria*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?