Google+ Badge

Monday, May 27, 2013

Clean Eating for Newbies

I am starting a new pattern of eating. 

I guess I am just tired of;

Being overweight
Feeling sluggish
Feeling guilty about what I am eating
Worrying about what kind of example I am to my girls

Anyway, my friends Kat & Morgan are probably the two biggest reasons why I am even interested in eating clean. Seeing the results in their lives is really amazing! I am excited about the future that I will have when eating clean is more of the norm for me. 

During one of Allees night feedings I did some research on clean eating. I came across a few things that will help me out. 

I found this great website called THE GRACIOUS PANTRY!

There is a particular page that includes a List of Shopping for Beginners! I am totally cleaning out my pantry and getting what is on this list. :) 

I thought this was kinda cool too!

(Not sure why the font changes after this point. Just ignore it.)

Anyway, I really do want to stick to eating right. I don't expect it to be 100% of the time, but my hold on food has got to change! Its been a long time since I have consistently felt good about what goes into my body.

Today I am making GREEN SMOOTHIES! I am excited about it! I have never made a smoothie with spinach in it before.

I will post a picture of it with a recipe soon!

While my family was on vacation we got into some bad eating habits. The last couple of days there I started making better choices, but still wasn't fully succeeding. I am now trying to be leveled headed about how I take care of my body.

I know eventually I need to crack down on fitness. That is a whole different post! :)

Well, I better go. Time to give baby her bottle!





EDIT:

Here is the smoothie!

Ingredients:
Mango, Pineapple, Strawberries, Spinach and OJ. Sweeten with Agave or Honey!







 
 

1 comment:

  1. woohoo!!! I'll have to try that smoothie, looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Cream & Sugar?