Google+ Badge

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Red Balloons For Dad


This weekend we held an open house and balloon release in honor of my dad. This was a celebration of his life. We enjoyed good food and the company of family & friends. We also sang his favorite song in our yard before releasing the balloons into the sky. It was an enjoyable time! 


A funny little blip that occurred with the balloons, was that we had blown up 50 the night before and they deflated by the next morning! Below is my mom with a new set of 50 balloons at the grocery store. Dad would have cracked up at our predicament! 


The food was great. People from church contributed! It was so sweet that they did too! It took a lot of pressure off of us trying to figure out what to serve. We are so grateful!!



Below are a few pictures that I snapped from a couple of videos that my friend Bekah took.







Here are the lyrics of his favorite song!

MANSION OVER THE HILLTOP

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below
A little silver and a little gold
But in that city where the ransomed will shine
I want a gold one that's silver lined

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk the streets that are purest gold

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely
I'm not discouraged, I'm heaven bound
I'm just a pilgrim in search of a city
I want a mansion a harp and a crown

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk the streets that are purest gold

(Repeat)

Overall, I feel like this celebration of his life has provided me great closure. It was a different experience then his funeral service at the Veterans Cemetery. I feel blessed by it and think he would've liked it too. 

Blessings, 

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?