Google+ Badge

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drop 10 & Lent

I'm going to do this backwards. I know that in the title it says Drop 10 & Lent, but I'll talk about Lent 1st.

For Lent I am fasting sugar. It's been hard. It's not the idea of not eating sweets that bothers me. It's just "that moment" when I am about to choose to eat sugar and it dawns on me that I can't have any because I am fasting it. I mean, it's crazy how I can forget this over and over and over again! 

Ultimately, Lent is supposed to be a situation that keeps pulling me back toward praying to God. Every time I find myself having a craving for the thing that I'm fasting from, I pray. I stop and reflect. It's a process that pulls me closer to God. I guess sometimes as a human being I need something that will force me to put my eyes back on God.  It's beginning to have an effect! 

I haven't done Lent for a couple of years. I'm appreciating it more because it feels new. I live in a new place. I have new friends. The temptations are completely different here. Sugar would be very comforting, but letting that go is giving me another outlet of worship to God. 

Okay. Now to talk about Drop 10. I found this thing on Instagram that encourages you to do a list of workouts counting down from 10 all the way to 1 each day for two weeks. It's called Drop 10. The goal is that you're supposed to drop 10 pounds in two weeks, but I really don't want to focus on that. I am just so out of shape and have zero endurance. I would like to eventually start running again and I think this would be a great way for me to springback into an active state. 


Starting today I will do this for two weeks. I make it myself a few days of the break and then started again. I think it would be a great routine for me to do each day intermingled with running. I am also going back-and-forth on whether I should restart Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I just want to be active again. I know the consequences of healthy eating and activity will be weight-loss. I just think that my focus doesn't need to be losing weight. It needs to be on health. 

I've been going back-and-forth and whether or not I should go get a full medical workup. I have always wondered is I am prone to any of the health issues that are in my family. I would like to avoid high blood pressure, thyroid problems and anything else that could be an issue. I will also ask Jonathan and see what he thinks. I think we would both benefit from it. 

Well, I better go. Allee is getting cranky. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?