Skip to main content

Spring!!!!

Spring has been so beautiful. It has been nice to get outside and enjoy all the flowers in bloom. The downside however has been all of the pollen.

For the first time I am taking Zyrtec every day. I have never experienced allergies before. It's rough! Both Elena and Allee were also prescribed a daily dose of Zyrtec. Our pediatrician told us that this spring was expected to be quick blooming and very intense for allergies. Both the girls feel so much better now!

Easter was great. We had a very nice cantata last Sunday and a good service this Sunday to celebrate. It's been nice to be a part of this church. I was able to do the children's moment at the beginning of our service. During the church greeting all the kids sit on the stage with an adult. That adult presents a small story or object lesson and then prays. 




I used this and explained how Jesus rose from the dead. It was really cute.

During the Easter service I stayed with the kids. There was probably about 15 of them and we enjoyed ourselves talking about what Easter means to us and what gives us HOPE with Jesus rising from the dead.

After that, we officially joined our church. We stood up in front of the congregation and they all affirmed our being members. 

We headed home and made Easter dinner. My mom, grandmother and I worked in the kitchen together. It's been really nice to have them around. I have enjoyed it so much!!



Oh!! I dressed up as the Easter bunny. Two parties this past week my friend let me borrow a suit that I used. It was pretty funny! We really aren't Easter bunny people and have never taught our kids that he's real, but it was fun to dress up and watch little kids either be freaked out or totally embrace this large bunny!

We also had an Easter party. I never did get to take any pictures of the party while it was going on, but here are some before. 


(Thats my mom.)

Here are a couple pictures of Elena at the pediatrician this past week. 




Elena was SO WIGGLY during the blood pressure part that the pediatrician wound up having to do it manually. Lol.

On another note;

I made BIG MAC SAUCE! 

Ok.... I know that this isn't a big deal to most, but I have always loved the sauce. I refuse however to go to McDonald's.

Now I keep a couple of small mason jars in my fridge at all times for sandwiches or burgers!! 

Its my indulgence! 



Just mix the ingredients in a bowl. Enjoy! 

Well, better get back to homeschooling Elena. She's very distracted.

*Maria*











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun weekends!

Last weekend our church went on a trip and experienced some pretty stellar sights! We traveled to Kentucky for the 2nd time to visit the Creation Museum
It is just so amazing!! 

When we visited in May of 2014 my girls were so much smaller!  (Elena on the left was almost 7)
(Here is Allee with my father in law. She was about 1 and 1/2 yrs old)
Here we are in 2004
Here we are this weekend!
They also hadn't started construction on their new exhibit The Ark Encounter. It opened last year and we finally got to see it! WOWZA! It was incredible!
The BEST part was that my father in law always flies up to WV to be with us on these trips! Here are a few pictures of our trip! I posted a ton of Snaps too. Too bad they don't last longer than 24 hours. 
We took 38 people from our church!
I was in the fun bus. These were the most active and excited little girls. 
Allee stayed with her grandpa the WHOLE trip. They were two peas in a pod.
My main squeeze with a new little friend. The penguin looks like …

Oh Chicago, How I love you!

I absolutely loved Chicago!!! We stayed in Pinegree Grove which is a suburb about an hour outside of the city, but we spent most of our time in the downtown area. We arrived on Sunday night and relaxed with dinner and some games. Allee even got some of the girls to play Barbies with her





I finally got to watch Rouge One with our host which was right up my alley! Monday went on the Big Bus Tours and got to see every single building in the city!  Listening to our tour guides describe different key points about the city made it so much more exciting than just driving by the buildings would have been. We also wandered through Millenium Park and I got to have a Chicago Style hot dog! I visited The Bean, Crown Fountain, Lurie Garden, Jay Pritzker Pavillion and walked through a bit more of Grant Park.

















I also got to visit The Field Museum of Natural History and it was awesome! We were going to go to the Art Institute of Chicago, but we changed our minds once we walked into the lobby and saw th…

Week 11 Day 1

This morning I woke up after having Allee keep me up for almost 2 hours during the night. Needless to say I was completely exhausted this morning.

I lacked motivation to get to the gym. Instead of leaving with my gym clothes on to take Elena to school I just drove her in my PJs. Yep. Was totally too lazy to even get dressed.

I finally did come back home and got dressed, but honestly, what was I thinking?! Allee was awake which meant I didn't leave until 9:00 a.m.

Fail.
Its ok, I wound up having a great workout anyway. My video from after it is below.

Leg Day =