Google+ Badge

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Amish Country Trip (May 10th)


Since my mom has been spending a lot more time at my house we decided on checking out Amish country in Ohio today.

She says that she has been here before, but it's been a few years. She has been pretty eager to come and show us around. It's been really fun today! After breakfast we left the house and did some garage sale hopping. Went to some of the shops in Amish country through the afternoon. After that, we went to dinner at a lady's house. There is a local Amish woman that is known (by people my mom knows) in the area. They introduced us to her by having a few cars caravan with them to her house for dinner. We sat in her dining room and enjoyed a home-cooked meal. It was really awesome!! It was definitely a different experience to go to someone's home like that. I mean, it was a family that I don't know at all! They were great though! The coolest part was that there were about 15 of us. It was neat that we got to know each other a little bit. Jonathan and I really enjoyed it. They fed us a TON! 


It was family-style. You serve yourself some and pass it down. By the time all the food was served I felt like I had so much on my plate!  Lucky for me Allee was eating off my plate too! 

This doesn't look appetizing, but it tasted like Key Lime Pie. It was Rhubarb Cream Pie. It was AMAZING! 


We have had so much fun! 


Here is Elena sitting on the porch of the oldest building on Ohio! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?