Google+ Badge

Monday, July 21, 2014

Catching up.

Lately I have been doing a lot of catching up on things. Have been trying to catch up on laundry, organization, hanging out with friends, resting and anything else I can think of. It almost feels like catching up has become a bit opressive. A little part of me wants to catch up on NOT catching up! Anyone get what I mean?

I mean, it's not like I don't enjoy being productive. Definitely feel great when I'm productive, but sometimes it's overwhelming! Summer is ticking away faster than I expected and Elena will be back in school by the middle of August. I had lofty plans of "gutting" out all my disorganize rooms and closets and getting them cleaned. Time is not my friend though because things are not getting done as quickly as I thought they would be. Darn that lack of motivation!

I don't expect to be Martha Stewart. I don't even try to think I'm going to have the perfect home or anything, but sometimes I wish that being more organized would come more easily. Alas, my house is full of clutter. I suppose that saying about "pardon my messy home were making happy memories" will just have to be enough for me. Definitely don't want my children remembering me as someone who was POSSESED with an obsessiveness for perfection, but I also want to have an environment that feels peaceful, not like were buried alive. I'm not saying it's like we live in an episode of Hoarders, but sometimes I feel like I could do better with keeping things organized.

I digress. I need to be ok with the fact that my house has clutter. Thanks for listening.

Anyway, lately of also feel like I haven't really seen too much of my friends. It's not a big deal, but sometimes I like to feel like I spending time and talking to people. Honestly, it's not as though I have been alone or anything. I spent a lot of time around friends and family, but sometimes I just look for that "quality discussion" time. You know?  Maybe I'm just emotional or something? Lol. Yeah, that's probably it. I tend to be really sensitive at certain times and I think one of those seasons is now. Not to worry folks! That's not to say that you should keep your distance walk on egg shells around me. Not at all. :)

Honestly, it's been good. God has been good. Everything has just been blessed. It's mostly just emotional I think. And I just need to get a grip.

Anyone ever feel this way? Emotional, but things are really actually going well?
Perhaps I'm just going crazy. Maybe this is just a season.

Anyway, this post went a different direction than I was expecting it to go. I was honestly just thinking I would talk about what I'm catching up on. Instead it was a full on vent about my emotional state. I appreciate your reading this.

Be blessed, 

Maria

1 comment:

  1. I literally JUST read another post about the clutter thing. I'll find it for you. It's definitely a fine line to walk between the two extremes (hoarder and Martha Stewart) for me. My OCD extreme means I'm snappier at the kids & definitely not spending as much time with them. My cluttered extreme is embarrassingly cluttered! Moderation is key, I suppose!

    And...YES. Nothing specific can be "going wrong" but emotionally (spiritually?) I can feel overwhelmed without reason. Irritating!

    Can't wait to visit you guys! We'll have to have some quality discussion time ;)

    ReplyDelete

Cream & Sugar?