Skip to main content

Wisdom Teeth, Sleeplessness and an update on my Thyroid

My wisdom teeth all came out on Thursday morning. Honestly, it was MUCH easier than I expected.

You see, I was very scared. Why? Well, I wasn't being put under and there wouldn't be any 'laughing gas'. My dentist only administers a small dose of valium and local anesthetic shots. Typically a sedative never helps me. (Right now is a perfect example. I took a hydrocodone pain reliever before bed for post wisdom teeth pain and I am wired.) It seems that sedatives don't like me. Anyway, knowing that I'd be very much aware of every single moment of all 4 teeth being pulled didn't thrill me. Turns out however, that the whole thing was just fine. My doctor had to fight two of the teeth out and actually cut one down in order to extract it, but they all came out and I live to tell the tale. I actually texted with my hubby in between teeth and laughed with my dentist as he joked around. It was all rather quick.

Once they were all out I was on my merry way. Recovery has been easy. I stayed on the couch the rest of the day with gauze in my mouth. My doc said I wanted to get my blood to clot and wanted to avoid my blood pressure going up for any reason for the 1st 24 hrs to avoid bleeding more. After the first night I woke up and got Elena up for school. I then drove her, took a nap and then played with Allee the rest of the day. After Allees bath and getting the girls in bed I hung out with Jonathan and eventually went to sleep too. Well, all except for my darling Allee crying at 2 am and wanting me to hold her (which I am doing now.) Honestly though, it doesn't bother me because that stinkin pill has me jittery and very much awake. No complaints here. I would just rather be in bed.

On another note; 

My doctor updated me on my thyroid. Turns out I have a Multi-Nodular Goiter. It basically means my thyroid is enlarged and has two lumps on it. I am being referred to an Endocrinologist in the New Year to get tests done. 

So there it is. My life in a nutshell.

Now to get some sleep. I put Allee back in bed and she is NOT happy. 2 hours of my time in the middle of the night has gotta count for something though. Right? Hopefully she'll fall asleep. I am not going back in there. Sorry kiddo. 

G'night Folks.

♡Maria♡

Comments

  1. I'm glad your extraction went well. Is a goiter treatable? I'm still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a med called Synthroid. They hope it helps regulate the thyroid and shrink it down.

      Delete
  2. Maria,
    This is Cara, I'm not sure if you remember me as it's been 4 years since we talked last. I know what you're going through with having a goiter. It's the pits, and weight gain is part of the game (unfortunately).
    Everything you are going throu emotionally, physically and mentally is due to having a goiter and being hypothyroid.
    Synthroid will not shrink your goiter, it may regulate your TSH levels, for a bit, but after a while, you may have to switch meds. all together.
    You might wind up having a total thyroidectomy, and that will make you gain a lot of weight, and it will not be due to lack of proper portions, exercise and not taking care of yourself. Do all you can to avoid having a thyroidectomy, because you will be pushed into a whole different world health wise than what you're used to. I know, because I had a total 10.5 years ago, due to my thyroid lobes being nothing but a big ole goiter. I will pray for you and your health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?

Popular posts from this blog

Fun weekends!

Last weekend our church went on a trip and experienced some pretty stellar sights! We traveled to Kentucky for the 2nd time to visit the Creation Museum
It is just so amazing!! 

When we visited in May of 2014 my girls were so much smaller!  (Elena on the left was almost 7)
(Here is Allee with my father in law. She was about 1 and 1/2 yrs old)
Here we are in 2004
Here we are this weekend!
They also hadn't started construction on their new exhibit The Ark Encounter. It opened last year and we finally got to see it! WOWZA! It was incredible!
The BEST part was that my father in law always flies up to WV to be with us on these trips! Here are a few pictures of our trip! I posted a ton of Snaps too. Too bad they don't last longer than 24 hours. 
We took 38 people from our church!
I was in the fun bus. These were the most active and excited little girls. 
Allee stayed with her grandpa the WHOLE trip. They were two peas in a pod.
My main squeeze with a new little friend. The penguin looks like …

Week 11 Day 1

This morning I woke up after having Allee keep me up for almost 2 hours during the night. Needless to say I was completely exhausted this morning.

I lacked motivation to get to the gym. Instead of leaving with my gym clothes on to take Elena to school I just drove her in my PJs. Yep. Was totally too lazy to even get dressed.

I finally did come back home and got dressed, but honestly, what was I thinking?! Allee was awake which meant I didn't leave until 9:00 a.m.

Fail.
Its ok, I wound up having a great workout anyway. My video from after it is below.

Leg Day =



Oh Chicago, How I love you!

I absolutely loved Chicago!!! We stayed in Pinegree Grove which is a suburb about an hour outside of the city, but we spent most of our time in the downtown area. We arrived on Sunday night and relaxed with dinner and some games. Allee even got some of the girls to play Barbies with her





I finally got to watch Rouge One with our host which was right up my alley! Monday went on the Big Bus Tours and got to see every single building in the city!  Listening to our tour guides describe different key points about the city made it so much more exciting than just driving by the buildings would have been. We also wandered through Millenium Park and I got to have a Chicago Style hot dog! I visited The Bean, Crown Fountain, Lurie Garden, Jay Pritzker Pavillion and walked through a bit more of Grant Park.

















I also got to visit The Field Museum of Natural History and it was awesome! We were going to go to the Art Institute of Chicago, but we changed our minds once we walked into the lobby and saw th…