Skip to main content

Stomach Bug

The past two weeks have been a thread of people in my house being sick with the stomach flu. This is why you have not seen a Week 3 Hair Skin and Nails update from me. Nor have you really seen much blogging on my part. Most of it has been taking care of little ones, but just a few days ago it was me getting it.
 
Yep. I finally caught it. It feels as though it's been ongoing for the past few days. It's not quite hit me hard so it's been lingering symptoms. Mostly nausea. Almost feels like morning sickness again.
 
No. That is NOT a pregnancy announcement. Lol.
 
Yuck. I feel gross though.
 
I have taken to Vlogging the past few days. It's made getting my thoughts out a lot easier. I haven't really had much time to sit down and write so I've recorded myself talking instead. It seems like the easiest option lately. Currently for example I am in my bed wrapped up in blankets trying to let a wave of nausea pass before I get back to cleaning. I figured I could dictate this post through my phone and just get on my computer later to add videos and pictures.
 
You can't tell me that this girl doesn't know how to multitask!
 
Funny thing about it is that while I am sick I know that it's great to not have any plans because I can take time to rest. Unfortunately however, all I think about is how much I wish that people could come over so I can play hostess! I just love it when we have friends here! Tomorrow night for example we will have our weekly installment of our "Nerd Night". Jonathan and I, along with 3 other friends faithfully watch The Flash on Tuesday nights together. It is one of the greatest highlights of my week!
 
I look forward to seeing them each week. Keith and Jennifer are a sweet newly wed couple and Joe is one of the funnest guys that I know.
 


 
(Yep. That's HIS book! Check it out here!)

 
 
Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these three. I so look forward to seeing them on a weekly basis.
 
One of the best things about it though is that they are not the only people that we have gotten close to. We have this sweet couple that we have become very attached to since moving here. David and Bekah are such wonderful friends that we hang out with fairly consistently. We became bonded to them quickly over the similarity in the ages of our children and our love for coffee. Bekah has become my dearest friend. I can't tell you how thankful I am for her. She was instrumental in being a great comfort to me after my dad passed away last January.
 
 
Anyway, this post turned into a a bit of a novel. I totally didn't intend on that being the case. I do however tend to go on and on about how grateful I am for these people in my mind so I thought it would be appropriate to get it down in words.
 
I should probably attempt a small nap. Something that will help calm my stomach. My mind keeps racing though, so I'm not sure how much success I'll even have. Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun weekends!

Last weekend our church went on a trip and experienced some pretty stellar sights! We traveled to Kentucky for the 2nd time to visit the Creation Museum
It is just so amazing!! 

When we visited in May of 2014 my girls were so much smaller!  (Elena on the left was almost 7)
(Here is Allee with my father in law. She was about 1 and 1/2 yrs old)
Here we are in 2004
Here we are this weekend!
They also hadn't started construction on their new exhibit The Ark Encounter. It opened last year and we finally got to see it! WOWZA! It was incredible!
The BEST part was that my father in law always flies up to WV to be with us on these trips! Here are a few pictures of our trip! I posted a ton of Snaps too. Too bad they don't last longer than 24 hours. 
We took 38 people from our church!
I was in the fun bus. These were the most active and excited little girls. 
Allee stayed with her grandpa the WHOLE trip. They were two peas in a pod.
My main squeeze with a new little friend. The penguin looks like …

Oh Chicago, How I love you!

I absolutely loved Chicago!!! We stayed in Pinegree Grove which is a suburb about an hour outside of the city, but we spent most of our time in the downtown area. We arrived on Sunday night and relaxed with dinner and some games. Allee even got some of the girls to play Barbies with her





I finally got to watch Rouge One with our host which was right up my alley! Monday went on the Big Bus Tours and got to see every single building in the city!  Listening to our tour guides describe different key points about the city made it so much more exciting than just driving by the buildings would have been. We also wandered through Millenium Park and I got to have a Chicago Style hot dog! I visited The Bean, Crown Fountain, Lurie Garden, Jay Pritzker Pavillion and walked through a bit more of Grant Park.

















I also got to visit The Field Museum of Natural History and it was awesome! We were going to go to the Art Institute of Chicago, but we changed our minds once we walked into the lobby and saw th…

Week 11 Day 1

This morning I woke up after having Allee keep me up for almost 2 hours during the night. Needless to say I was completely exhausted this morning.

I lacked motivation to get to the gym. Instead of leaving with my gym clothes on to take Elena to school I just drove her in my PJs. Yep. Was totally too lazy to even get dressed.

I finally did come back home and got dressed, but honestly, what was I thinking?! Allee was awake which meant I didn't leave until 9:00 a.m.

Fail.
Its ok, I wound up having a great workout anyway. My video from after it is below.

Leg Day =