Google+ Badge

Monday, February 29, 2016

Bulletproof Coffee 2 Week Experiment: Day 1


 Above is the video that I recorded at about 8:45 this morning. I had a Bulletproof Coffee instead of breakfast and it hit me. I want to try something. I've known that several people have done an experiment to see how well bulletproof coffee sustains their appetite and energy levels throughout the day. I thought it would be a good idea to try this for 2 weeks myself. Every day for two weeks I'll have a bulletproof coffee instead of having breakfast. I want to see how it affects my energy level. I also want to see how it affects my appetite. You will follow me on this journey. Feel free to do so here or on Snapchat via Mariakins

Ready?

This morning I brewed some organic coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 TB Kerrygold unsalted grass-fed butter. For the first time I ran it through my blender. It was so frothy and delicious. 
Confession: I don't do very well with black coffee so I added a tablespoon of International Delight 'sweet cream' creamer. It's my coffee vice. I have to have it.

The first 2 hours I definitely felt much more energy than usual. I found that I was also not hungry until 11:30. This is what impressed me. I'm generally running around the house, but thinking about food in the back of my head whole time. This wasn't the case. For lunch  at 12:45 I made this. 


I'm hoping this will hold me over until I can have a snack and dinner. 

The only other side effect that I noticed was that my belly is definitely a bit more rumbly & active than usual. Not sure if this is attributed to just the coffee or the fact that I've cleaned grains completely out of my diet. It's less than a week now for the 'grain free" stuff so I'm wondering if maybe my system is still going to a bit of a shock with the new eating regimen.

I'll update you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cream & Sugar?